This is the height of pretty cool. I just got nominated for the Liebster Award. I’d like to think the wonderful Miranda Kulig of Dreams and Dandelions for this nomination. Thanks, Miranda!
So, here we go. Let’s take a quick glance at the rules, and then we can get this party started.
Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
Add a badge to your profile
Give 11 random facts about yourself
Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
Nominate 11 other bloggers with under 300 followers
Give those bloggers 11 questions to answer
Now, we can get this party started!
What genre is your favorite to read/write?
Fantasy, easily, for both reading and writing. It’s fun to learn about new worlds.
If you could have breakfast with one fictional character, who would it be and what would you eat?
I know everyone expects me to say Chris Redston, so I’ll surprise everyone by saying I’d like to have breakfast with Abramm Kalladorne from the Legends of the Guardian King series. I’m currently reading the series right now, and I’d love to know what’s on his mind. I’d assume that we’d have a simple bacon and eggs — fried. Because everybody loves bacon. At least, in my world they do.
Would you rather jump out of an airplane or bungee jump? Why?
Um, how about neither? I’m afraid of heights, period! Where I jump doesn’t matter, because on order to get me to do anything like that, somebody’s going to have to break out the chloroform.
What’s your biggest fear?
Man, this is getting deep. One word: spiders. I live in the South, guys. We got some deadly ones up in here.
If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I know that I said time travel before when answering this question, so I’m going to mention something different this time. I think I might enjoy being able to read people’s minds. It’d be nice to know what people are thinking.
What is the worst book you’ve ever read?
Wow, that’s a tough question, and surprisingly hard to answer. All the books I’ve read have at least one redeeming quality about them. But, if I had to choose, I’d pick “The Book of Strange New Things”, mostly because the fact that I didn’t finish it is still fresh on my mind.
What are you wearing right now?
A brown skirt and a reddish-orange shirt. So, basically I look like the season of autumn walking.
Which of your characters are most like you?
As in, the characters in my current novel? Okay, that’d probably be Roland Naveau, because of how quiet we both are.
What’s your ideal vacation?
Going to a cabin way up in the mountains. Where there are no people, and I can just write all day with no distractions — just me and my cats.
How long have you been blogging?
Only a few months. Yeah, I know, I’m a real expert at this, right?
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Fried Oreos. Which were actually pretty good, by the way.
11 Facts About Myself:
1. If I get mad at you, that means our relationship is effectively over.
2. I’m not good at small-talk, at all.
3. I’ve taught children as young as two since I was twelve.
4. I love to bake and cook — basically, I love being in the kitchen.
5. I’m practically blind without my glasses.
6. I have tons of notebooks sitting in my desk.
7. I am known for my very demure nature.
8. I often forget to ear until dinner time
9. I’m half Caribbean Hispanic
10. I cannot fold clothes to save my life.
11. My favorite color is purple.
Well, that concludes a really fun award questionnaire. Now, on to the next phase of this post: the nominations. Yay!
Here’s who I nominate:
Raychel @ Raychel Rose
Katie Grace @ A Writer’s Faith
Daisy @ A Bookish Flower
Victoria Nightsky @ A Gathering of Dreams
Gabrielle @ Write for the King
Kathryn @ Kathryn’s Next Chapter
Anne Marie @ AM Station
I’m sorry, you guys. I’ve only got seven nominations, since most of you awesome people have already received this award. If I nominated you, and you’ve already received this award, please let me know — I want to congratulate you! Oh, and you don’t have to do it again, if you don’t want to. I’m hoping that I haven’t forget anyone. If you have a blog with under 300 followers, please feel free to send me an email.
Lovely People, Your Questions:
1. What’s your favorite flower?
2. What do you like to do in your spare time (besides writing)?
3. What would be your dream house?
4. How do you react to sad movies?
5. What is your favorite piece of technology?
6. If you could travel to any point in time, where would you go and why?
7. What would be your “all my dreams came true” moment?
8. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
9. What is one thing people don’t know about you?
10. What was the most devastating character death you ever experienced?
11. When do you think you’ll stop writing?
And that’s all she wrote, folks! Literally. See you next time!