The awesome Raychel Rose created this tag, and nominated me (along with some other amazing writers) to participate in it. Of course, I’ve got a few nominations up my own sleeve, but ya’ll will have to wait for that. I love this idea, and I’m really happy to write this post.
First of all, here are the rules:
- Thank the person who tagged you and link their post that tagged you.
- Place the picture in the post.
- Copy and paste questions into your post. Answer them.
- Tag as many as you like!
- If you want to post your link on twitter, use the #BTSwritertag
Now, on to the fun stuff.
Is there a certain snack you like to eat while writing?
I love to snack on dry cereal while I write.
When do you normally write? Night, afternoon, or morning?
I’m most productive in the mornings, so I try to get most of my writing done before eleven o’clock.
Where do you write?
It depends. If I’m having a good writing session, I’ll write in bed. If I’m not having a productive day, then I’ll hop one room over to visit my study desk.
How often do you write a new novel?
I start writing a new book every year around September, but I’m outlining new, potential novels all year just to see if they make the September cut.
Do you listen to music while you write?
No, no! No music! Each time I turn on the tunes while I write, nothing gets done. I’m too busy singing at the top of my lungs.
What do you write on? Laptop or paper?
When I’m still working through the rough draft, or even pre-writing, I use good old-fashioned paper. When I’m wading through the drafts to follow, my trusty steed laptop is the way to go.
Is there a special ritual you have before or after you write?
I’m building a habit of reading my Bible before I start writing, to listen to the Holy Spirit and be quiet for a while. After a writing session, I have to get up and stretch my legs. So, I either play with the cats, or run on the treadmill.
What do you do to get into the mood to write?
Read through my outline to get the basic inspiration for a scene, and then pre-write it so that my imagination can branch out.
What is always near the place you write?
My water bottle, fountain pens, and a couple of notebooks.
Do you have a reward system for your word count?
If I meet my word-count goal, I get to scour the Internet for deals on Esterbrooks.
Is there anything about your writing process that others might not know about?
I listen to television while I write. I write in thirty minute increments, and if I write a certain amount of words in that time, I get to play online for the amount of time I have left.
Now for the other fun part.
Here are the folks I’d like to nominate:
Now, here are your questions:
- Is there a certain snack you like to eat while writing?
- When do you normally write? Night, afternoon, or morning?
- Where do you write?
- How often do you write a new novel?
- Do you listen to music while you write?
- What do you write on? Laptop or paper?
- Is there a special ritual you have before or after you write?
- What do you do to get into the mood to write?
- What is always near the place you write?
- Do you have a reward system for your word count?
- Is there anything about your writing process that others might not know about?