I got nominated for a blog award.
Yeah, I know, I was shocked as well. In a good way, of course. I was nominated by the super sweet Anne Marie over at AM Station. Thanks for the nomination, Annie! The #1 of this award’s rules is an easy one, isn’t it?
What are the rules, you ask?
I’m so glad you mentioned them, ‘cause I have them right here.
THE RULES ARE:
1) THANK THE BLOG THAT NOMINATED YOU.
2) TELL US 11 FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF.
3) ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT WERE SET FOR YOU TO ANSWER.
4) NOMINATE 11 BLOGGERS AND SET QUESTIONS FOR THEM.
If you’ll take a gander at the rules list, you’ll see that now I’m supposed you tell you guys 11 facts about myself. Well, it was difficult, but here you are.
11 Facts About Me
- Never underestimate The Music Man’s ability to make me smile.
- I watch reruns of the show “Good Eats” all the time.
- In the days of my youth, my brother and I created a fictional world around our stuffed animals.
- I need to wear glasses, but I “forget” to put them on in the morning.
- Me loves to cook.
- I can identify most movies made between 1936-55 by just a few scenes, and sometimes by their music.
- I love listening to old radio comedy shows.
- Most of the time, when I get an email, I mentally respond to it, then get distracted and forget all about it until next week. Sorry.
- I love fountain pens. A lot. In fact, I purchased a Pilot Metropolitan yesterday.
- I often hand-write emails, and then transcribe them. Yes, I even write code by hand sometimes. (See #9)
- My favorite color is purple — and I like opera. There, I said it!
Now, I’ll answer Annie’s questions for the bloggers she nominated.
1. Would you rather be a butterfly or a bumble bee?
A butterfly, for no other reason than to fly around and look pretty.
2. Post a paragraph or a stanza of your latest writing project. (I guess that wasn’t really a question…will you please post a paragraph or stanza?)
All right, all right, I’ll do it. Please keep in mind, though, that I haven’t edited anything yet. It’s Camp NaNo, ya’ll, cut me some slack.
Only the sound of boiling liquid brought Carol back into the real world. She gasped, and yanked the pot off the stove. The milk sloshed outward. Some of it landed on her hand. Carol bit back a yell, and dropped the pot on the floor. She grabbed her hand, tears welling in her eyes, and stared at the child on the couch.
3. What are your blogging goals for the rest of the year?
To actually post on a regular schedule. Yikes. I got sick this month and it really threw me off track. Hopefully, my immune system won’t try to get back at me for daring to go outside. (I know, I’m such a rebel.)
Now, I’m supposed to nominate 11 other bloggers to share in this award, but I’m not going to. Oh, no. I think you’re all awesome. So, if you’re reading this post, and you feel a moment’s inclination, consider yourself nominated.
Here are my questions for you:
1. What are you reading now?
2. What genre do you like to read and write? Can you tell me why?
3. Digital copy or paper/hardback?
That’s all she wrote, folks. If you’ve written a post in response to my nominating you, link to it in a comment. I’d love to read it!